Sunday, November 30, 2008

Thanksgiving

I always enjoy Thanksgiving. This year, Tom, the boys and I went down on Wednesday evening to stay with my parents for a few days. Kristen, Kelli, their husbands and their children were there, too. Nehemiah, Kelli's baby, was just born two months ago, and this was the first time I was able to see him. Needless to say, I held him every chance I got!
Thursday was filled with wonderful food and great fun! We always have a wonderful time together. Thursday evening, me, my sisters and our husbands were up late playing Balderdash. We laughed SO hard, we all had a great time! Then, Friday morning, Tom woke up at 5am to go shopping. Tom LOVES Black Friday. He loves the hustle and bustle and all the crowds. He maps out which stores he wants to go to and in what order. Before the boys were born, I used to join in the shopping. I must admit that I don't miss it. However, I am thankful Tom enjoys it because he saves us tons of money with all the good deals he gets. He spent about ten hours shopping!!
Black Friday also had another meaning this Thanksgiving. Kelli, Nathan (Kristen's son), Madelynn (Kelli's daughter), Noah (my son) and I all came down with a stomach virus. Madelynn had it earlier in the week, and the rest of us came down with it Friday. Jeremiah ended up getting it, too. As I type this, Tom and Luke are starting to come down with it. Even though we experienced some sickness, Thanksgiving was wonderful! Sadly, my whole family isn't together all that often, so when we are it is always a joyous time. The kids all play together really well, and me and my sisters are the very best of friends. I can't wait until Christmas.....we're all going to the beach together for a whole week. Yay!
Posted by: Kami

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Sissy! We did have a blast with all of yall! So sorry we got everyone sick! Love you and hope you all feel better soon!