Saturday, November 29, 2008

When your Bundle of Joy isn't so Joyful


The holiday season hustle and bustle is officially upon us. There is nothing I enjoy more than the Christmas season. All the lights and decorations, Christmas music playing on every radio station, and holiday shopping at all hours of the day (in stores and online). This year, more than ever before, I'm excited about celebrating Christmas because of the wonderful children God has given my husband and I. Children, in their sweet innocence, remind me of what Christmas is really about, for it was a baby that came to this world to save us from our sins and to be our Savior. However, on Tuesday our sweet Madelynn Joy came down with the dreaded stomach virus. She was absolutely pitiful. She was quiet and reserved, not acting like herself, and all she wanted was to be held and cuddled. Even though she wasn't feeling well, Jeremiah and I both took advantage of that since she is a very busy little girl! There are no words that can describe how it feels when your children are sick. You want to take their hurt and sickness upon yourself (and we did - Jeremiah and I both got the same stomach virus). We are now thankful to report that our sweet Madelynn is on the mend and acting more like herself, dancing and singing and being the sweetest little girl I know! Thank you Lord, for our sweet bundle of Madelynn Joy!


Posted by: Kelli

No comments: